Holiday in the Park began in 1985 at one of Fiesta Texas' sister parks, Six Flags Over Texas. Six Flags Fiesta Texas officially began including Holiday in the Park in their season in 2007. However, Fiesta Texas is no stranger to Christmas events. A similar event, Lone Star Christmas, took place in the park up to 1997. Lone Star Christmas was no small feat for the park. The event featured a "tree of lights" that spanned 115 feet tall up the quarry wall topped with a 12-foot star. In 1993, the park recorded the usage of 16 miles worth of Christmas lights, 5,000 feet of garland, and more than 500 Christmas bows. Entertainment included a 50s themed Christmas show as well as a Christmas dinner show in Sangerfest Halle. To top it off, Rattler was decorated with a 60-foot tall star on it's lift hill.
Recently, Holiday in the Park has expanded all throughout the chain. In 2007, Discovery Kingdom joined Six Flags Fiesta Texas by adding the event to their season. In 2012, the event expanded to Mexico and Great Escape. 2014-2016 saw the addition of Holiday in the Park to Magic Mountain, Six Flags Over Georgia, Great Adventure, St. Louis, and America. The event continues to be one of the most popular and exciting times for Six Flags parks.
Though Holiday in the Park is still rather young at Fiesta Texas, it has become a popular staple to the San Antonio area. Guests flock to see the Rockville Christmas Tree standing 60 feet tall, the decor all around the park, and the incredibly popular Majesty of Christmas, which takes place in Zaragoza Theatre. As yearly attendance to the event rises, Fiesta Texas continues to expand by adding more activities and entertainment as the seasons progress.
Fiesta Texas continues it's award-winning entertainment through Holiday in the Park with a great line-up of live shows and other entertainment options found all around the park. Here's what was presented in 2017:
- Majesty of Christmas: A show in which tells the story of the birth of Jesus Christ, suited with live animals and flying angels. Located in Zaragoza Theatre.
- My Christmas Card to You: The mail carrier is making his final rounds delivering Christmas cards to people around Rockville. Featuring a live band, follow along with your favorite Christmas tunes. Located in Rockville High School.
- The Tinseltones: Many current and past Christmas tunes given an a cappella twist. Located at Rockville Christmas Tree Stage.
- Have Yourself a Looney Tunes Christmas: Bring in the holiday season with your favorite Looney Tunes Characters. Located at Sangerfest Halle Stage.
- Christmas Tree Lighting: Join Santa Claus as he lights the Christmas tree each evening in Rockville. Show also includes pyrotechnics.
- Holiday Express: Take a themed train ride around the park and enjoy many lit scenes along the way. Boarding takes place in Crackaxle Canyon.
- Holiday Illuminations: The Rockville Christmas Tree comes to life and presents great light shows to Christmas hits. Located in Rockville.
- North Pole Reflections: The buildings of Spassburg light up and feature many holiday-themed projection shows throughout the evening.
- The Singing Saps: Animated Christmas trees that sing your favorite Christmas tunes. Located in Spassburg (Kidzopolis).
Holiday in the Park is a great place for activities that appeal to the whole family. Take a look at what 2017 had to offer:
- Santa's Cottage: Younger guests can take a journey to Santa's Cottage in Crackaxle Canyon to meet the jolly guy himself, Mrs. Claus, the elves, and more. Guests will also have a chance to check out Santa's library full of letters, the cookie kitchen, and toy workshop.
- Winter Wonderland: Venture out to the border of Spassburg and Crackaxle Canyon as the foliage pathway tunnel features a spectacular array of Christmas lights.
- Hometown Holidays: Check out the streets of Rockville as they are lined with tons of Christmas lighting and other holiday decor.
Holiday in the Park Media
Event Guide Archive
Click on the links below to view Holiday in the Park guides from past seasons.
Have a question regarding Holiday in the Park? Contact us directly or connect with us on social media.